- Continuous Integration section now uses Git and all new videos
- Continuous Integration section uses a dedicated github project to make it easy https://github.com/eviltester/wdci
- New videos showing Microsoft Edge WebDriver
- Updated Suites
The old section was based on SVN, and used the main source code base. To access it you had to create an account on xp-dev and we had a whole manual hassle and forms to give you access. Plus the main code wasn’t designed for CI and it meant I kept adding fixes.
Now. The code that is designed for CI is in Git. Much more modern. And much more in demand in the ‘real world’.
Also no need any more to request access to the repo. Because the CI repo is public.
Has a very small subset of examples from the course. And have been amended to run on HtmlUnit 2.21 as well.
This allows the test code to run in travis-ci and act as an additional CI example as well as the Jenkins approach used primarily on the course.
- FirefoxDriver, and ChromeDriver run all the tests cleanly, and since these are the main browsers used, I have a single suite that covers this.
- IE 32 bit WebDriver fails on only 1 test. I was quite impressed with this, so I pretty much just use the same suite for IE.
- Marionette and Edge are both works in progress so these have Suites to themselves for passing and failing tests.
- HtmlUnit also has a suite to itself for passing and failing tests.
This seemed easier than having complicated profiles.